Wednesday, December 16 2015 • 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
Join Denise Wilson, MS, RN, RRT, from Intersect Healthcare + AppealMasters, and guest panelist James Haering, DO, SFHM, from Resonant Physician Advisory Services as they focus on the current state of audits related to diagnosis validation and provide resources available to monitor, review, and audit activity in acute care.
This presentation will define key terms related to diagnosis validation and examine the common documentation issues that impact audit risk. It will discuss the steps for improving the validity of diagnosis and documentation requirements and information needed to meet standards for medical necessity and stand up to audit scrutiny. Diagnosis validation appeal strategies will be discussed through the use of actual case studies.
• Define key terms related to Diagnosis Validation (DRG) and review current state and identify services under audit focus
• Understand common documentation pitfalls that impact audit risk
• Amplify current coding documentation improvement (CDI) efforts to include components of regulatory audit focus
• Discuss the steps for improving the validity of diagnosis
• Understand appeal strategies through the use of case studies
About your presenters
Denise Wilson MS, RN, RRT
VP of Clinical Services, Denial Research Group