Careers in Towson, MD
Intersect Healthcare hires individuals with a passion for positively impacting the healthcare industry. We look for professionals who are customer responsive and creative problem solvers.
Associate Attorney – Healthcare
Intersect Healthcare, Inc is a nationwide trusted leader in Healthcare revenue recovery. We use a twofold approach to equip hospitals and health systems to achieve better outcomes at a lower cost. Our Veracity Software and AppealMasters service help prevent and lower denials and reduce the cost of the claims appeals process. We achieve our goals by acting as the clinical and legal extension of a hospital’s business office through a physician/clinician – attorney collaboration that appeals denied insurance claims.
This position is a great opportunity for an Associate to join our office in Towson, MD and provides opportunity for vast personal/professional growth. In this position you would work with a team of attorneys and clinicians to recover healthcare revenue denied to hospitals by insurance companies or government agencies. We are a rapidly expanding company, looking to hire quality individuals, with a willingness to contribute and grow within our company.
• Collaborate with a team of attorneys and clinicians to recover healthcare revenue for hospitals
• Support staff members in addressing specific legal questions regarding appeal rights
• Apply state and federal laws and regulations to the activities of entities to determine compliance
• Consult with hospitals on arbitration and mediation claims
• Engage with insurance companies to recover healthcare revenue for hospitals
• Managed Care Contract review and analysis
• Assist and advise internal staff with all legal questions
• Research state and healthcare federal laws
• Clearly communicate research results and interpretation of policies
• Draft legal arguments for use by non-attorneys
Successful candidates will have the following:
• A Juris Doctor degree.
• State Bar Membership is preferred but not required.
• Desire to work in a corporate environment
• Ability to take on a multitude of tasks and independently prioritize those tasks
• Ability to prioritize and manage a caseload of accounts.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to learn and master new computer programs/software quickly
• Healthcare or health law experience a plus
• Health, dental, and vison
• Group Life and STD coverage
• Voluntary Term Life and LTD benefits
• 401(k) with employer contribution
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
To apply, please submit your COVER LETTER, RESUME, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Resume submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted and selected for an in-person interview. No phone calls please.
Resumes with a cover letter should be directed to: