Tuesday, April 18, 2017 • 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
Please log in on the right side of the page, or Register as a new member.
You know the struggles associated with coding it correctly, only to have it denied by an auditor.
We will review what the provider needs to know, and also what your nurses and dietary staff need to know to get it right on the front end. Join us while we show you, using real life examples, how to successfully appeal a denial when your staff got it right.
- Understand the coding rules concerning BMI, obesity, and morbid obesity
- Learn who to involve on the front end, and how to do it, to make your medical record as “bullet proof” as possible
- Discover successful strategies to compose winning appeals when the BMI and associated diagnosis are denied, even though you got it right.
Let Our Experts Equip You to Win
- Denise Wilson, RN, MS, RRT, Vice President, Clinical Appeal Services
- Karla Hiravi, RN, BSN / Director of Clinical Audit and Appeal Services
About Ms. Wilson: Denise brings over thirty years of clinical experience and 12 years of appeals experience to her training. Denise is a nationally recognized educator providing Appeal Training Program for Hospital Staffs. She has personally trained some of the largest systems in the nation, has been a regular speaker at national and local conferences, and has presented hundreds of cases at the ALJ level with a 95% success rate. She holds a Master of Science degree in Management Information Systems from the University of Illinois, Springfield, is a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Registered Nurse. She is currently the Vice President of Clinical Audit and Appeal Services at AppealMasters.
About Ms. Hiravi: Karla serves as Director of Clinical Audit and Appeal Services for AppealMasters. She is a Registered Nurse and holds a BSN from the University of Pittsburgh, Johnstown. Karla has more than thirty years of service in the healthcare industry, including extensive and varied clinical experience, research, clinical documentation improvement, management, development of a successful hospital based oncology research program, and development of a successful denial appeal program. Karla has personally authored hundreds of successful appeals and presented dozens of cases at the ALJ level.