Denise Wilson will be presenting at the AHIMA CDI Summit, August 6th-7th. Denise’s topic is titled, “The Role of the CDS in the Management of Clinical Validation Denials.”
- Explain the difference between DRG validation and clinical validation
- Describe how Clinical Documentation Specialists (CDS) are a natural fit for managing denials and authoring appeals.
- Explain how to establish clinical guidelines
- Explain how CDS professionals can expand their “traditional” roles by proactively asking for specific clinical documentation to support documented diagnoses ahead of clinical validation denials.
- Show how the AHIMA practice brief on compliant queries actually supports clarification of diagnosis documentation.
- Show why queries can be used to support Clinical Validation in the medical record.
- Write a valid argument to support a clinical diagnosis entered in the medical record.
The CDS professional who attends this session will gain a greater knowledge and insight into payer behaviors around clinical validation audits and denials. Audience members will learn about opportunities to expand their role to support real-time documentation of clinical diagnoses in the medical record. Attendees will come away with practical strategies to argue for appropriate clinical diagnoses in the appeals process.
The Summit is being held at Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. Denise’s presentation will be Tuesday, August 7, 2018: 1:40 PM-2:40 PM. Don’t miss out!