Clinical and Coding Support Specialist
Intersect Healthcare is seeking a Clinical and Coding Support Specialist.
This is a full-time remote position.
The Clinical Support Specialist reports to the Clinical Director.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities
Review denial letters received from insurance companies and determine denial rationale.
Select appropriate issue and templates to begin the appeal writing process, using proprietary denial management software.
- Completes all task assignments within due dates.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and company privacy regulations.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- Displays flexibility and a willingness to address additional work when the need arises.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- RHIT required
- Consideration given to those RHIT eligible or a bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field
- Inpatient coding and/or revenue cycle experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment which is deadline driven.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Critical thinking skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and proprietary denial management software.
- Ability to take responsibility for one’s work product and keep commitments.
- Complete tasks timely or notify supervisor prior to missing deadlines.
- Ability to quickly organize, review activities, enter data, and upload completed tasks within assigned time frames.
- Supportive of organizational goals, client desires and commitments to clients and co-workers.
- Maintain confidentiality, protect patient dignity, ensure personal integrity in all organizational dealing.