Intersect Healthcare, Inc. and Denial Research Group, Inc. (DRG) located in Towson, MD seeks a full-time Health Research Analyst/Paralegal
The Health Research Analyst/Paralegal will support IHI’s legal team with various tasks and projects focused on clients’ rights with respect to government and commercial insurers. The successful candidate will combine in-depth research with hands-on work, including but not limited to: assisting with alternative dispute resolution consulting services such as mediation and binding arbitration; drafting and submission of various documents for ADR cases; researching and analyzing relevant state laws, state health care programs and federal laws; researching and summarizing administrative and clinical appeal processes of managed care companies; identifying and summarizing the appeal rights of clients; compiling relevant data including plans and products, manuals and contact information; distinguishing the appeal rights/processes established for healthcare providers and members; assisting with technical and legal research for IHI staff.
- Draft and file all required items for ADR in a timely manner
- Maintain communication with ADR clients
- Collect and interpret data and information from a variety of sources
- Clearly communicate research results and interpretation of policies
- Support staff members in addressing specific questions
- Collaborate to establish standards, strategies, and evaluation plans
- Draft comprehensive summaries of findings
Experience Must Demonstrate:
- Strong writing and analytical skills, including experience drafting technical material and communication documents
- Knowledge of administrative laws, policies and regulations related to public health programs
- Experience with federal and state agencies’ healthcare programs and initiatives
- Experience applying state and federal laws and regulations to the activities of entities to determine compliance
One year of legal/technical writing experience.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Policy, Health Policy, Political Science, Paralegal Studies or comparable degree. Master’s degree in similar field or Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required.