Intersect Healthcare hires individuals with a passion for positively impacting the healthcare industry. We look for professionals who are customer responsive and creative problem solvers.
We are looking for professionals with expertise in building online or healthcare information businesses and who share our enthusiasm and values. Our people are friendly, and our style is casual. You will learn from colleagues who bring a track record of achievement in technology, healthcare, and operations while delivering outstanding solutions for our clients.
Coding Appeals Expert – Work from Home
Coding Appeals Expert – Home-based forensic coding/chart reviews and author winning appeals
You would be using state-of-the-art web-based technology to connect to Intersect Healthcare’s appeal management system. Your role would be to perform forensic coding/chart reviews and author winning appeals for our provider clients.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates must have a coding certification held with a nationally recognized coding certification organization.
- Must have 3 years of experience auditing and/or coding inpatient or ambulatory care records with the following credentials: RHIA, RHIT, or RN/MD/DO with CCS or CPC-H.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred but less would be considered if accompanied with strong writing skills
Prior Medicare and Commercial coding denial and appeals experience are highly preferred but not required. We offer paid product training for the right personality. As this is a contracted opportunity, it would be perfect for the at-home mom or dad, those on medical leave or required light duty and/or FMLA caregivers.
Very competitive hourly rate, contract position.
Should you be interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a HIPAA-compliant appeal writing sample (3-5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Specifically, we are interested in seeing how you support your argument using coding guidance.
Clinical Appeals Writer
Clinical Appeals Writer – Home-based chart reviews and written appeals of denied medical claims
Denial Research Group/AppealMasters, a leader in appeals outsourcing and education, is seeking experienced nurses, physicians, or physician’s assistants with superior and persuasive clinical writing skills to author medical necessity appeals for Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial audited and denied claims. Prior insurance denial and appeals experience highly preferred but not required. Excellent writing skills required.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct a thorough review of the medical documentation submitted and the applicable Medicare, Medicaid, or Commercial determinations and policies, including but not limited to National Coverage Determinations, Local Coverage Determinations, Internet Only Manuals, and Clinical Policy Bulletins.
- Render a determination for appeal in accordance with published guidelines including medical necessity and appropriate utilization of services.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the appeals director during the appeal process.
- Commit to regularly working 15 or more hours per week.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree RN
- Minimum Clinical Experience: 2 years
- Required and Preferred Credentials: RN, PA, LNC, CM, UR, NP, MD
Perfect for at-home mother or father, those on required light duty, retired or semi-retired, or FMLA caregivers.
Very competitive hourly rate, contract position
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and HIPAA-compliant writing sample to email@example.com